CFE Fall Racing Season Preview
Fall is the perfect time to challenge yourselves–by putting your CFE training to the test! The racing environment can be a strong motivator to pull you out of your comfort zones and see what you’re truly capable of! Check out the list below, and commit to at least one of these races! 3, 2, 1…GO!
October 4th 2014 Panther Run–5k/10k/15k $20k in prizes! Benefits Care To Learn in the school district of your choice!
October 11th 11th Annual Sunshine Run–5k/10k All-you-can-eat pancakes post-race! Heck YES! Benefits multiple organizations including BCFO and Mercy Burn Unit!
October 18th Spartan Sprint–5k/10k Not racing Dogwood this year? Try this event! Co-sponsored by CrossFit Springfield East, this race benefits Hickory Hills Elementary School!
November 2nd Bass Pro Fitness Series–5k/Half Marathon/Full Marathon/Marathon Relay The most anticipated racing events of the year–these courses are tested and true, following picturesque, mostly flat terrain through Springfield.
November 7th Run to the Lights–5k A super-fun, beautiful night run through Silver Dollar City. One of the most popular races of the year! Also? Funnel cakes! :)
November 27th 20th Annual Turkey Trot–5k A Thanksgiving tradition! Don’t worry–we’ve already programmed this one for you as the long interval WOD that week! EARN your pie, turkeys!
This Week’s WODs
**This week marks Week One of a NEW 12-Week Cycle!
Short Interval (Mon 5pm/Tues 10am): 10 x 200 with 2:00 rest between efforts (hold 2-3 seconds)
C2: 10 x 250m Row with 2:00 rest between efforts (hold 2-3 seconds)
Long Interval (Thurs 10am/5pm): “Triple Three” – 50 Minute Time Cap – 300 Double Unders, 3000 Meter row, 3 Mile Run
C2: “Triple Three”–Just Do It. :)
1. Attn DOGWOOD RUNNERS: Stay tuned to the CrossFit Running Facebook page for details regarding this weekend’s scheduled training run. See you there!
2. We need YOUR input! Please submit your vote for ‘Most Improved CFE Athlete’ for an upcoming blog feature!
3. Please…without fail…sign in to Wodify when you attend Endurance class. The owners rely on this information to track attendance, determine resources needed, etc. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Your coaches will help to assure you’re all signed in! While you’re at it…
4. Don’t forget to record your times/performance in Wodify! This is imperative if you’re to track your progress over time. Wodify makes it SO easy! Remember…you should denote your performance as “Rx’d” IF you have completed the WOD exactly as written, including having completed all rounds, held the prescribed intervals (i.e. 3-5 seconds), and rested the prescribed time between intervals. This is a group that really push one another–so don’t lead your pals astray and post all crazy! :)
5. Like our Facebook page, “CrossFit Running”, for up-to-the-minute information and updates!