With HOA6 in the books, the Fall racing season winding down, and the CF Open right around the corner…we can’t think of a more perfect time to prioritize mobility! Our primary goal at CFE is to keep you running strong, efficiently, and uninjured all year long. That being said, you can expect a few exciting changes over the next few months!
Beginning next week, we will be featuring a “Mobililty Focus” along with the weekly WODs, complete with photos/videos and instruction for each movement. These exercises should be performed on your own outside of class, and will also be discussed and incorporated into class each week. Our hope is that you will add these tools to your own “mobility toolbox”, and make mobility a priority on your way to becoming a better runner–and a better CrossFitter in general!
We’ve got a few other tricks up our sleeves this Winter–stay tuned to the blog next week for more details!
In the meantime, do yourself a HUGE favor and check out Kelly Starrett’s Ready To Run, available online and at your favorite bookstore now!
Speaking of Kelly Starrett, check out this YouTube video where he discusses relief from, and prevention of Plantar Fasciitis…Enjoy!
This Week’s WODs
Short Interval (Mon 5pm/Tues 10am): 200, 60 seconds rest, 200, 50 seconds rest, 200, 40 seconds rest, 200, 30 seconds rest, 200, 20 seconds rest, 200, 10 seconds rest, 200, 20 seconds rest, 200, 30 seconds rest, 200, 40 seconds rest, 200, 50 seconds rest, 200.
C2: 250m Row, 60 seconds rest, 250, 50 seconds rest, 250, 40 seconds rest, 250, 30 seconds rest, 250, 20 seconds rest, 250, 10 seconds rest, 250, 20 seconds rest, 250, 30 seconds rest, 250, 40 seconds rest, 250, 50 seconds rest, 250.
Long Interval (Thurs 10am/5pm): 5 x 1000 with 3:00 rest between efforts
C2: 5 x 1000m Row with 3:00 rest between efforts
Don’t miss the 3rd Annual WODDY Awards! Buy your tickets at the CFS front desk TODAY!
1. Its almost WODDYs time!!! Be sure and cast your vote for “Most Dedicated CFE Athlete” on the WODDYs ballot!
2. Its getting dark outside again for the 5p. Remember your reflective clothing!
3. Please…without fail…sign in to Wodify when you attend Endurance class. The owners rely on this information to track attendance, determine resources needed, etc. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Your coaches will help to assure you’re all signed in! While you’re at it…
4. Don’t forget to record your times/performance in Wodify! This is imperative if you’re to track your progress over time. Wodify makes it SO easy! Remember…you should denote your performance as “Rx’d” IF you have completed the WOD exactly as written, including having completed all rounds, held the prescribed intervals (i.e. 3-5 seconds), and rested the prescribed time between intervals. This is a group that really push one another–so don’t lead your pals astray and post all crazy! 🙂
5. Like our Facebook page, “CrossFit Running”, for up-to-the-minute information and updates!